GONZO

GONZO

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Class #1

This is my first post on the first class of my alcohol therapy.
Upon arriving at the building where the class was to take place, I pulled around around back to find an anticipated first impression of my "classmates." WIth fifteen to twenty people milling around outside the building, it looked like the bastard child of NASCAR tailgate and a heroin addicts anonymous meeting. After I absorbed the first impression of whom I would be spending my Friday evenings with for the next 4 months, I parked at the far end of the parking lot. This was necessary as I didn't want to come outside to find my car covered in dip spit and with the tail pipe breaking out in sores. I then quickly hurried inside to avoid the contemptuous stares that were probably directed towards my outfit. The clean white t-shirt, jeans and boat shoes were most likely the kinds of clothes reserved for Sunday Pentecostal church service and the KKK meetings that followed. Inside the building I eventually found the room which would accommodate the class. Imagine a room in the basement of an insane asylum that was previously used for either giving lobotomies or the storage of the dirty laundry for all the patients who shit themselves every time they had Pancake Friday. In addition to the overall foulness of the room was the stench of the dregs that had infested it. Seemingly each of these people had been using urinal cakes and industrial disinfectant as soap since the 1980's. Not to mention the permanent odor of cigarettes that permeated every inch of clothing of every person there. At this point I was subject to an alcohol breathalyzer test. For some unimaginable reason it has occurred to some people that drinking before coming to an alcohol therapy class is a good idea. Actually, it kind of is. Fuck.
Now I don't remember exactly how many people were in the class, nor what they all looked like, but i'll give the highlights.
1. The first person to stick out to me was a 30 something man dressed in an odd combination of military fatigues and Lynyrd Skynard apparel. He was moderately nice and well spoken, but he secretly seemed like a fucking psychopath so im going to refer to him as Charles Manson from now on.
2. The girl sitting next to Charles Manson (who he was openly jacking off to the entire time) was some sort of truck stop hooker I think. She almost might have been semi attractive at one point, but has just been destroyed by so many truckers since she was like 13 that she now looks a hotter girl version of carrot top.
3. The next people I can remember were two women sitting next to each other. They looked to me like the unseen wives/moms of those rednecks from Deliverance and now that I think of it also had many swine like qualities.
4. Next were two separate redneck hood rat teenagers. These two kids seemed like the type to want really bad to join a gang of black guys and to have to do really fucked up shit to do so. i.e. they probably had to go sodomize a stray dog or something and did so with enthusiasm. gross.
5.The guy sitting next to me looked like he was on the wrong side of the Civil Rights movement and has never quite gotten over it. Also at one point when it was near our time for a break, he started whispering "break, breaak, breaakk" in increasing volume and sounded like a crack fiend version of Rain Man. Needless to say he was the second most sane one there.
6. The guy sitting 2 spots down from me was my personal favorite. He basically looked like the ass baby of Ed Gein and the unabomber. He also had a lot of hilarious comments about his extensive knowledge of methamphetamines and how at one point his BAC wasn't under 1.0 for over a year.
7. Lastly were the two girls sitting to my left. The each looked like they probably grew boobs in 7th grade and realized that they could make a fortune giving handjobs for 20 bucks a piece to middle schoolers and homeless people. One kept mentioning how she had to grow up really fast when she was 13 and I assume this is what she was referring to.

Now that you have a semi decent grasp of all the degenerates in the class, ill highlight some events from the class. First one of the teachers said that we were going to need to lock the doors to the building so that none of the deranged spouses of the people could come and try to stab them. To me this was shocking, but to all the others this Jerry Springer esque drama was nothing out of the ordinary. What the fuck is wrong with these people? The teachers then talked about lots of psychiatric bullshit until one of them got into a debate with Charles Manson on whether on not black beauties were uppers or downers, which was pretty hilarious. Then the child molester guy got all excited when the discussion randomly drifted toward rufies and other date rape drugs. And by excited i mean he had a huge boner that he didn't try to hide at all. By the time the class was halfway through and we were about to be given a break, half of the fucking class was shaking uncontrollably in their urge for cigarettes. When the break was finally given, these animals stampeded outside, briefly confused by the locked door, and sucked down half a pack each. I even stepped outside for a second to get some air but was immediately suffocated by a cloud of cigarette smoke only comparable to that 100 burning christmas trees. I can't really remember much else of the class so it was probably boring as shit and not worth mentioning